The Warrior Health & Wellness initiative launched in July 2013 to combat the health disparities faced by our Warriors. Embedded within each program area, Warrior Wellness promotes the physical, mental, and social well-being of our Warriors, staff, and community. It has become the 6th point in the Warrior Code of Conduct!!
Walk to Run Club
Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Opportunity Knocks is an official charity partner of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon! Runners will be fundraising for Opportunity Knocks as they train to run 26.2 miles on October 7, 2018.
OK HEALTH WAIVERS
Registration will soon be open for Workout Warriors, the newest Opportunity Knocks program that focuses on health and wellness!
Workout Warriors is Opportunity Knocks’ program that provides health & wellness activities during the After Opps program breaks – program activities are a combination of fitness and applied learning wellness topics.
The day will consist of both fitness based and applied learning activities that relate to health & wellness topics. Each session will be devoted to a new fitness exercise and educational topic.
PROGRAM DATES & DAILY SCHEDULE
OK holds 7 Workout Warrior program sessions per year which will occur during the 2 week After Opps program breaks. Each session will focus on different fitness activities with an applied health & wellness topic area. Programs take place on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30PM – 5:00PM for the two week period.
The Life Shop, RFCC Room 203
The Life Shop, RFCC Room 203
Please see Program Dates for 2017 for the Workout Warriors calendar and applied Health & Wellness topic schedule.
REGISTRATION & FEE
Due to program demand, registration confirmation is based on staffing and safety – families will be notified if their registration is approved at least 5 days prior to the start of the session. Payment of $60 is due upon registration.
Please see the Program Information page for Workout Warriors Eligibility and Registration Requirements.
Safety is important to us. To ensure safety of our participants, we ask for full cooperation with the following guidelines:
- Opportunity Knocks staff is responsible for the safety of program participants during designated program times. Please adhere to scheduled drop-off and pick-up times.
- Participants enrolled in Opportunity Knocks programs will not be released to anyone other than a parent, guardian or family member without prior written consent from the parent/guardian.
- When arriving or departing from the program site, parents should check in with an OK staff member before leaving or taking participants home.
- A child or minor will be allowed to walk home from the program site only if written permission from the parent or guardian has been received.
- Please be sure Warrior is wearing appropriate clothing attire for exercise activities including closed toed shoes.