Registration is now open for the newest Opportunity Knocks program that focuses on health and wellness!
What is Workout Warriors?
Workout Warriors is Opportunity Knocks’ program that provides health & wellness activities during the After Opps program breaks – program activities are a combination of fitness and applied learning wellness topics.
Check out photos from our newest core Health & Wellness program, Workout Warriors! This first session focuses on circuit fitness exercises in our newly renovated fitness room and the importance of water/hydration in its applied fitness discussion. #nonprofit #healthandwellness#workoutwarriors #circuitworkout #beastmode #water #hydration
The day will consist of both fitness based and applied learning activities that relate to health & wellness topics. Each session will be devoted to a new fitness exercise and educational topic.
Program Structure & Program Dates
OK holds 7 Workout Warrior program sessions per year which will occur during the 2 week After Opps program breaks. Each session will focus on different fitness activities with an applied health & wellness topic area. Programs take place on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30PM – 5:00PM for the two week period.
Arrival time: 3:30 – 3:45PM
Pickup time: 4:45PM – 5:00PM
- August 1, 3, 8, 10: between After Opps Summer 1 & Summer 2
- September 19, 21, 26, 28: between After Opps Summer 2 & Fall 1
- November 7, 9, 14, 16: between After Opps Fall 1 & Fall 2
- NO PROGRAM between After Opps Fall @ & Winter 1: Holiday Break
- TBD: Between After Opps Winter 1 & Winter 2
- TBD: Between After Opps Winter 2 & Spring 1
- TBD: Between After Opps Spring 1 & Spring 2
- TBD: Between After Opps Spring 2 & Summer 1
Registration & Eligibility
Opportunity Knocks holds 7 program sessions per calendar year, registration numbers will be based on that session’s activities and on a first come first serve basis.
- Warriors must register for the full 2 week session and commit to all 4 days in the session.
- The program is designed for individuals with intellectual & developmental disabilities
- Participants must be 14.5 years old
- Participants must live in Oak Park, River Forest, or Forest Park
- Participants must be current or past participants in the After Opps or Life Shop program(s) (must have already completed OK intake forms)
- Warriors must provide their own transportation to/from Wellness activities
- Please note that participants who are not registered participants at Opportunity Knocks within the past year (i.e. Life Shop or After Opps) are required to additionally submit the Annual Information form.
Registration fee of $50 includes daily programs for the four days over the two week period.
Safety is important to us. To ensure safety of our participants, we ask for full cooperation with the following guidelines:
- Opportunity Knocks staff is responsible for the safety of program participants during designated program times. Please adhere to scheduled drop-off and pick-up times.
- Participants enrolled in Opportunity Knocks programs will not be released to anyone other than a parent, guardian or family member without prior written consent from the parent/guardian.
- When arriving or departing from the program site, parents should check in with an OK staff member before leaving or taking participants home.
- A child or minor will be allowed to walk home from the program site only if written permission from the parent or guardian has been received.
- Please be sure Warrior is wearing appropriate clothing attire for exercise activities including closed toed shoes.