A FARM TO JAR PICKLE ENTERPRISE FROM THE WARRIORS OF OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS
In 2014 we tried our hand in the artisanal pickle craft!
- Recipe developed and production headed by Culinary Director, Joe Hart
- Marketing, production, sales and distribution by the Life Shop and After Opps Warriors
- Over 400 jars sold via our special events and holiday orders
In 2015 we will take our pickling enterprise to the next level:
- Expansion of sales at OK special events to several other local festivals
- Begin production and sales to local restaurants
- Begin first partnership in May with Kinderhook Tap in Oak Park.
- Sales to local retail outlets including the Juice Joint in River Forest and the Sugar Beet Co-Op will begin in 2015
Even bigger things are in store for the year ahead! Please check back soon, we are putting our plans on paper.
WHERE CAN YOU GET KNOCK OUT PICKLES?
KOPs are on the menu at these Local Restaurants:
Jars of KOPs are available at these local retailers:
Special Events & Festivals:
We will be taking Holiday Web Orders in December of 2016
Please check back here for more info or sign up for our Knockout Pickles Mailing List
MAILING LIST & SPECIAL ORDERS
Sign up for the Knock Out Pickles mailing list and keep up with all of the exciting new updates and information about the enterprise, as well as communications related to any special order opportunities. Click here to sign up now!
MEET OUR PROUD PICKLE PARTNERS
Jar Sales – Available now!
Knock Out Pickles has three primary goals, which are:
1. To provide meaningful and gainful employment opportunities for Warriors
2. To create a sustainable enterprise that will provide a new revenue stream that will support OK
3. To make a dill-icious Artisanal pickle
We believe we can achieve all of our goals and more. We need support to keep it going strong though. Please consider purchasing KOPs from our proud purveyors (listed above) and making a contribution to support our first enterprise.
From the Blog
In early February, we were pleased to welcome fellows from the OPRF Community Foundation Leadership Lab for the second consecutive year. The 2019 group of community leaders visited Opportunity Knocks to learn about how we've used creative partnerships and...
Things have been busy at the OK Farm. Life Shop and After Opps Warriors have been picking, planting, and pruning vegetables that are used in our Life Shop and After Opps programs, as well as Warrior Catering Company events. In...
Warriors had a great day on the OK Farm today. Life shop braved the first heat of the summer to make their first harvest of delicious spinach! It's really rewarding to finally get to taste the produce we have all worked so hard to grow! Some Warriors...
Last month, the OPRF Community Foundation Leadership Lab visited Opportunity Knocks to learn about our social enterprises and lend a hand. According to their website, the Leadership Lab "brings together committed citizens and emerging and current leaders,...
Warriors have been hard at work gearing up for the 2018 farming season! So far we've planted a wide variety of veggies including cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts, leeks, onions, garlic, lettuce, spinach, carrots, radishes, pak choy, kale, beets, and...
Last Friday, the After Opps Farm Program paid a visit to the Dominican University Greenhouse! We helped harvest delicious buttercrunch lettuce from their aquaponic growing system. Warriors helped pick and wash the lettuce and even got to taste some. It was...